Each week, the fashion experts at Midsummer Place are going to share a new trend and their top picks from stores across the centre.
Blue skies are here, cold chills are a distant memory and our thick coats are back in storage, it’s finally time for Spring. At Midsummer Place, Spring not only means fresh starts and clean slates but a fresh wardrobe too!
But remember, a new wardrobe doesn't have to be a completely new start. Finding staple pieces that can serve every occasion is a great way to save money and the environment but can also reshape your look for 2023!
Each week, the fashion experts at Midsummer Place are going to share a new trend and their top picks from stores across the centre. Our five trends this season are: Floral, Detailed Denim, Scarlet accessories, Larger-than-life bags, Pockets!
So, get ready, we’ve got a packed month of top fashion tips for you.
So, it’s time to reveal trend number one, we’re going Floral this Spring!
Now it wouldn’t be spring without florals making their return, would it? A simple but classic floral can completely transform your spring look, whether it’s on your skirts, shoes or jackets and we are here to show you everything floral at Midsummer Place!
1) Pick up The Green Ditsy Floral Bias Skirt at New Look for a timeless addition to your everyday wear. A skirt like this is the perfect transition piece, not just for the
weather but from the office to drinks and it’s a steal at only £23.99!
2) This Studios Off Duty Mini Dress at £79.99 from Superdry is an investment piece worthy of your wardrobe. Perfect to dress up for a night out or down for a
casual coffee, and this gorgeous striking colour palette is sure to make you get a spring in your step!
3) Now don’t forget that fashion is for at home too! For those cool spring evenings, with a glass of something chilled in hand and the latest crime drama on the TV,
these Lipsy Floral Satin pyjamas are a must-have. Florals are such a strong and classic look that you will be on-trend every year with a set like these at only £34
from Next Beauty & Home.
4) The fashion experts at Midsummer Place believe florals are for everyone, just like this classic Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt with Floral Print Logo from Hugo Boss at £79.
Whether you pair it with jeans, joggers or tailored trousers, the simple design will make it a classic investment piece for years to come.
5) A maxi is a must-have piece for every wardrobe this spring, perfect for that transition from chilly to warm and great to pair with boots, trainers or heels and not to mention gorgeous on any body type! This Curve Ditsy Floral Print Maxi Dress from Tommy Hilfiger at £110 checks every box - comfort, style and top quality!
Are you ready for trend number two? We’re getting in a time machine for this trend revival. Detailed denim!
Now we have seen many denim trends come back this year, from flares to patchwork and it’s a staple for everyone’s wardrobe. This season we are exploring embroidery, patterns and tailoring in the ever-changing denim universe.
Let’s start with the icon that is Levi’s®.
1) Levi's® Made & Crafted® Wide Barrel Jeans, Levi's® £250
These beautifully crafted flares are the epitome of denim trends this Spring. The ultimate in versatility, they are perfect with trainers and t-shirts or heels and a
halter. Guaranteed to turn heads these jeans will be a wardrobe favourite for decades.
2) Converse Navy Lift Denim Utility Trainers, Schuh £85
When you think denim, trainers are not the first thing that comes to mind which is why these utility trainers from Converse at Schuh are so exciting. An
unexpected design choice that is simple enough to slip easily into your wardrobe and the platform adds an edge too!
3) Ultra High-Rise Medium Wash Crochet Denim Mom Shorts, Hollister £39
Not only are these shorts practical for the summer, but they are so pretty too with the lovely crochet detailing. A steal at only £39 they are ideal for an everyday
addition to your SS23 wardrobe and pair perfectly with a t-shirt or blouse. The summer definition of the famous ‘jeans and a nice top’.
4) Organic Cotton Vintage Denim Straight Short, Superdry £44.99
Spring means it’s time to break the shorts out. These vintage-style roll-up shorts from Superdry are stylish, functional and affordable, it’s a win-win for every
shopper! Superdry have a huge range of trendy denim this season, so make sure to head into the store now!
5 & 6) Tommy Hilfiger x Shawn Mendes Denim Trucker Jacket £180
Do you like your wardrobe staples to stand out? Fan favourite Shawn Mendes has designed a brand-new collection with Tommy Hilfiger! This retro-style denim
jacket screams on-trend this spring/summer. The great news, this is a piece that works for all seasons, whether you’re layering or wearing standalone it’s a style
icon and even better news, it’s sustainably made from recycled cotton and elastane!
Spring is around the corner now, and we have been counting down the seconds until the blue skies, blossom and bold colours return. Let’s celebrate Spring with the boldest colour of them all, Scarlet! A must-have addition to any SS23 wardrobe this year is a scarlet accessory, and whether you love bras, beauty or boots, this is for everyone and anyone!
1. If there is one thing that can transform any look, it’s a red lip. Whether you’re brunching with the girls, heading out for date night or even popping to the supermarket, you deserve to feel confident and this lipstick is step one. Pick up this make-up bag essential from the Benefit team at Next Beauty & Home for only £20.
2. Some accessories are just for you, like these matching Red Floral bra (£17.99) and knickers (£9.99) from New Look! Feel good and let people wonder what the secret to your strut is this Spring in this gorgeous set, available in multiple sizes and flattering on all bodies!
3. Marilyn Monroe once said she only wore perfume to bed, making it the ultimate accessory. And what better place to pick up a new fragrance than the iconic store that is Victoria’s Secret? The team at Midsummer are fan favourites of ‘Bombshell Intense’. Lush Cherry, Velvety Red Peony, and Sultry Vanilla, all captured in the stunning scarlet bottle. And at only £45 for 50ml, it’s a steal!
4. Combine our first trend of florals with a scarlet accessory and you have a winner for Spring. Make sure to try out the 1460 Vonda Floral Rose Leather Lace Up Boots from Dr Martens this Spring, this iconic original design has been updated with a stunning embroidered rose pattern. Paired perfectly with a playful minidress or playsuit, you’ll be ready for festivals, gigs and nights on the town.
5. Now, Scarlet is a bold and bright statement in any wardrobe, so if you’re looking for a gentler way to introduce it to your life then these Converse are the perfect place to start. The Converse White CTAs Lugged 2.0 Valentine Trainers have beautiful scarlet heart detailing, making them easy to pair with so many outfits and perfect for so many occasions. Pick up a pair at Schuh for £90 and invest in a pair of shoes that last.
This season’s most functional trend is the big bag. Move over clutches and cross-body bags, we want to carry everything we need this Spring. This trend is bringing comfort, functionality and effortless style – guys, this includes you too!
1. New Look totes - Canvas Large Tote Bag £11.99 available in multiple colours.
This is the bag that will hold your entire life, whether it’s full of laptops and notebooks, or school books and gym gear for £11.99 it’s a steal. And the bonus? It comes in so many bold colours for Summer!
2. Jack Wills Toweling bags - Toweling Tote Bag £29.99 available in multiple colours.
Booked your Summer holiday? Well, that means it’s time for the vacay wardrobe! This Toweling Tote is fast-drying and big enough to store everything you need for morning on the beach, and an afternoon exploring new places followed by evening cocktails. And the adorable pastel colours will match your swimwear perfectly.
3. Michael Kors - Gigi Large Empire Logo Jacquard Tote Bag £345
The classic Michael Kors bag has been reinvented as a tote with attitude. A perfect bag for the office, a day out or a trip to the supermarket, it’s versatility means it will slot into your outfit with ease.
4. Tommy Hilfiger – Men’s Weekender Bag £180
Escape for the weekend with this stylish duffel bag that has space for your essentials and comes with a practical removable strap and a simplistic design that will go with everything in your wardrobe this Spring.
5. Timberland - Backpack Duffel £115
This compact, water-resistant bag can serve as a backpack or a duffel, so whether you’re going to the gym or on a city break it’s perfect to hold your essentials and more.
It’s time for our last trend of SS23! Do you know that feeling when you put a dress on and as you twirl you suddenly realise it has pockets?! Well, the team at Midsummer Place love that feeling and wants to help you feel it every day! Our style experts believe that pockets put the fun in functional, whether you just don’t feel like carrying a bag around or you just want to add an adorable edge to your outfit!
Here are the Midsummer Place fashion expert’s top picks for pockets this SS23:
1. The Parachute Grip Pants at £54.99 from Superdry are giving us major 90s vibes. Channel the sixth member of the Spice Girls with this daytime look that suits every body type and comes in so many colours! Also, who needs an overnight bag when you have six pockets?
2. The perfect addition to any wardrobe for Spring is the Khaki Denim High Waist Utility Mini Skirt from New Look at only £24.99! This skirt pairs well with casual vests and trainers, or dressed up with a blouse and heels, not to mention the pockets can hold everything you need when out and about!
3. The Kiev Smooth Leather Heart Shaped Bag is a team favourite for Spring/Summer this year. Dr Martens have released this bag in purple, pink and black, perfect for any wardrobe. At £109 this bag is an investment much like their boots and will play a role in your outfits for years to come. The playful pocket feature on the front gives this bag some attitude!
4. Hollister has knocked Spring out of the park this year with the return of cute mini dresses but this time with a spin…This dress comes with not one but two secrets! Firstly, it’s not really a dress, it has hidden shorts! Secondly, it has hidden pockets! This is a winner at only £39 and is perfect, for holidays, shopping and drinks with the girls.
5. Now, Tommy Hilfiger is famous for their classic Trench Coat, but this season they are mixing things up. The Double Breasted Short Peacoat (£350), is the perfect jacket for Spring, enough to keep you safe in a Spring shower and light enough when the sun shines through! The simple beige colour means it will pair nicely with everything in your wardrobe, so it’s worth the investment.
Thank you for joining us on this fashion journey! We can’t wait to see all your wardrobe updates for the new season, make sure to tag us on Instagram and use #SS23MidsummerPlace.
Remember, Spring isn’t just for fashion too, it’s time for the Starbucks Iced Lattes and refreshing Vibes juices to make their yearly debut! Don’t forget the Boulevard is having a glow-up so keep an eye out for the exciting new food launches in the centre this Spring!
Sign up to our e-newsletter and be the first to hear exciting news, discounts, offers and events in centre.