Terms and Conditions for the Santa's Sleigh of Surprises competition 2023
These are the terms and conditions for the Santa's Sleigh of Surprises competition found at www.midsummerplace.co.uk/events/santas-sleigh-of-surprises
1. The "Promoter" of this competition is Midsummer Place managed by property company Midsummer Place Ltd, 35 Ballards Lane, London, United Kingdom, N3 1XW, a company registered in England (“we”, “us” or “our”).
2. To participate in the competition you must submit your competition entry (see section 7 and 8 below) during the "Competition Period". The competition will be promoted on the Midsummer Place Instagram page and Facebook page, with entrants being able to enter via Instagram.
3. Entries must be made during the Competition Period, from the time of the initial competition post on Friday, 1st December 2023 and 23:59 on Tuesday, 12th December 2023. Entries submitted outside of the Competition Period will not be valid.
4. If you wish to participate in the competition you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all "Entrants" will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully
5. The competition is only open to legal residents of the UK aged 18 and over. The competition excludes employees and contractors, agents and service providers of Midsummer Place, as well as any family members of such employees or contractors and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
6. Entry into the competition is restricted to one entry (see section 7 below) per individual person. No purchase or payment of any form is required for entry into the competition.
7. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms. Entry instructions can be found at www.midsummerplace.co.uk/events/santas-sleigh-of-surprises
8. To enter the competition, you will have to enter via our Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/mids...) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Midsu...), completing all actions detailed in the Santa's Sleigh of Surprises competition post. Entries must be submitted within the Competition Period (see section 2 above). Entrants who do not follow all of the instructions in these Terms, provide the required information, successfully submit their entry, timely submit their entry, and/or abide by these Terms may be disqualified. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Any entrant that attempts to complete or submit fraudulent entries will be disqualified. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses or social media accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, uses multiple social media account profiles, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media profile. Should multiple users of the same email account or social media profile enter the competition and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorised account holder of the said email account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. Authorised account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organisation, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder.
Prize(s) & Winning
9. There shall be one "Winner" each day for twelve days from this competition who will win one of the prizes listed here (selected at random) from a retailer or retailers in Midsummer Place. The prizes include:
All vouchers were purchased by Midsummer Place Limited on 24th November 2023 and their validity period, as set by the individual businesses, will start from this date.
10. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) subject to section 21 below, in unavoidable circumstances vary the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) in exceptional circumstances amend these Terms, in which case we will notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
11. The Winner will be randomly drawn by an independent person selected by us in accordance with the laws of chance. The daily winner will be notified by 7pm on the day they have won, except for weekend draws, when winners will be notified on next weekday, if they are the winner. They will then have until 9am the following day to confirm they have received notification of their win, if Midsummer Place fail to hear from them in that time then the winner forfeits their prize and Midsummer Place will randomly draw another winner.
12. The Winner’s first name will be announced on social media along with a picture representing the prize.
13. The Winner may be requested to take part in some promotional activity as part of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If the Winner agrees to take part in such promotional activity, they will need to enter into an image release form which allows us to use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website.
14. The Winner and any other persons who might appear with them, will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use of the image or footage in which they appear by the Promoter.
15. The decision of Midsummer Place and/or any independent judge (as applicable) is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into on the matter.
16. The prize(s) will be as stated in these terms and are subject to availability. The winner must collect their prize at Midsummer Place, the winner is responsible for collecting their own prize and Midsummer Place will not post or deliver prizes. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes, subject to section 9 above. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes cannot also be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
Your information & image
17. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to administer the competition and to contact you only for the purposes of the competition and will deleted after 6 months from the conclusion of the competition, unless you have signed up to be contacted by Midsummer Place and its retailers for marketing purposes. We may need your date of birth to verify that you are entitled to enter this competition, but will not use it for any other purpose. If you have selected the option(s) to be contacted by Midsummer Place and its retailers for marketing purposes, we will only use your information to keep you updated with the latest centre events, retailer discounts and insider shopping tips from Midsummer Place. We will not pass on your information to any third parties, and you can opt-out from direct marketing at any time.
18. We will keep your personal information secure and will process it in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation. Midsummer Place Ltd (company number 08133358) whose address for service of any notice is 35 Ballards Lane, London, United Kingdom, N3 1XW are data controllers for the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law in respect of your data.
20. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website; violates the Terms; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made. We also reserve the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Our failure to enforce any term of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond our control and award the prize from among all eligible online entries received prior to cancellation. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes. We are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry forms whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entry forms.
22. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, Midsummer Place, 67 Midsummer Place, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3GB.
Dated: 24th November 2023
Sign up to our e-newsletter and be the first to hear exciting news, discounts, offers and events in centre.